Monday, May 31, 2010

Projects for May
















And you thought I was being slack and had not been doing much other than studying? Hope you are all well and those of you in the Southern Hemisphere with me are all acclimitising to the cold. We had a really cold night last night and am rugged up warm with the fire going in the background.

This month I have not done much from an individual creative process, but I have been to quite a few inspirational classes and made some amazing projects and used the techniques and ideas to create some more projects.
I am still after eighteen months working on my Europe Trip album. I am slowly creating pages and will one day finish this album, but in no rush, I have a great slideshow presentation and was proudly showing this off to all and sundry, but will one day have a stunning art album with my photos, memorabilia and paper art. I love collecting all the booklets, brochures and pamphlets and adding them to my album, along with tags, receipts and tickets and this means that they are not lost or sitting in a box and never being looked at. For me, I love looking back at my albums and remembering the great time I had and the special memories the pictures of tickets evoke.
This is one of the layouts I have completed. I love the symmetry and geometry in the Eiffel Tower and decided I would try and capture some of this in my layout.

I used black 12 x 12 cardstock from Stampin Up. I then rolled silver Encore ink and the Stampin Up So Swirly roller on the background. I cut some Quickutz adhesive backed foil from the Quickutz Coutry Collection Paris - the Eiffel Tower and a Quickutz Border Die , I also cut the Spellbinder's Fleur De Lis Pendant from the foil. I used the Cuttlebug Harlequin Die and cut the flower shapes. I used Kaiser Craft paper flowers in black and white and cut the title from Storybook Cartridge for the Cricut. I used some Angelina Fibre and stamped the Hero Arts Poetic Prints (with black Stazon) onto the Angelina Fibre and cut the frames from Storybook as well. I inked the edges with Encore silver ink and added some fibres. The rose is from Stampin Up. I stamped an image of the Eiffel Tower onto cardstock and mounted that on the Spellbinders Pendant.

I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment