Monday, May 31, 2010

And some more...


This card is a cute fold. A friend showed it to me and I thought it would make a perfect birthday card for a girlfriend of mine.


I used a sheet of Martha Stewart Paper and folded it in half. I then folded each side in to the half way point. Next, I folded the corners in and then tucked the one side into the other side to make six pockets. I used the Spellbinders Die set Large Scalloped Circles and cut the opening as well as a few tags. I cut two small circle openings on the sides using the Spellbinders Die Set Large Circles. This is to make removing the tags easier.


I cut six tags out to fit the openings and embossed these using six diffent Cuttlebug folders. I used Swirls, Textile, Paisley, Stylized Flowers, Forest Branches and Victoria. I inked these with Wild Wasabi and Rich Razzleberry ink from Stampin Up. I also inked the wee card too.


I stamped several images. I used my Hero Arts Poetic Prints, Inkadinkado Stylized Flowers, Inkadinkado Garden Delights, Inkadinkado Setiments and Stampin Up Spots and Flowers with the Stampin up Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi inks. I sponged some of the images and cut them out with the corresponding sized Spellbinder Circles and Scalloped Circles.


I then stuck them all together and found a piece of organza to match and tied the book together. I used a Kaiser Craft rubon in the inside page and embellished the pages with some Derivan Kindy Glitz. I added some Kaiser Flowers to the outside and used a brad to keep the flowers and ribbon together. I glued on some die cut leaves (from the Quickutz 2x2 vine leaf die)


If you want detailed instructions for the fold of this card, add a comment and I will post step by step instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment