Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Scrapbooking - Santa Maria Sofra and Minerva

I loved Rome and found the churches and buildings to be amazing. I loved how there were these ancient structures and someone had put modern touches to them. I loved how there were stunning sculptures throughout the city and how accessible the beauty and art was.

I loved the colour of the bricks and wanted to echo this in my layout. This is using white cardstock and sponging it. I used a mix of Stampin Up colours including Really Rust, Bravo Burgundy and Pumpkin Pie. I then used the So Swirly Roller and created the lovely swirl effect, and added script stamps over some of the cardstock to have a contrasting paper. I used plain cardstock and cut the letters from Cuttlebug "Curls n Swirls" alphabet. I added journalling and some hand dyed crocheted flowers dyed using the co-ordinating inks from the layout.

I used circular cutouts to highlight the fluid architectural forms in my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment